Leave a review to help other dads find the show and become better men and fathers: Leave Review
Welcome to this episode of Friday Reflections by Dad.Work!
Every Friday I share the best of what we have been doing in the Dad.Work community, to provide perspective, new ideas, and motivation for you to continue on your journey to becoming the best man, partner, and father you can be.
Today I’ll talk about the potential of forgiving your own father. I understand that this topic is a trigger to some of y’all and it is okay, because not everyone is ready. In this episode, you’ll learn that forgiveness is not about the person you forgive but it’s entirely about you and your healing journey.
We’ll talk about:
- Being able to not avoid feeling the anger by ignoring the real hurt and rejecting your own needs.
- Exploring your relationship with your father and healing any wounds he left, either intentionally or unintentionally, in order to prevent it from being passed down to our children.
- Grieving in order to be able to let go of the wounded inner-child within
- Being able to consider and accept that your own father may have been a hurt little boy at one point in his life, and that his hurt may have projected itself in your upbringing. (which is not an excuse)
- Being able to express all your pain to your father in order to be able to forgive
- Why it’s critical to join a men’s group as part of your healing journey
Leave A Review – The Highest Impact, Lowest Cost Way of Supporting the Show
Are you enjoying this podcast? Do you want to say thanks, and help more fathers find this episode? Please leave a review for the Dad.Work podcast on Apple Podcasts.
More Resources for Dads
Free 14-Day Email Series
Join our free 14-day Better Man, Better Dad email series to learn the most impactful tools, tips, practices, and wisdom I have learned on my journey to becoming a more conscious father:
Join a men’s group for fathers and be seen, heard, supported, and challenged by a group of fathers who have your back unconditionally:
1:1 Coaching and Support
Want someone in your corner to support you, challenge you, and hold you accountable as you navigate your own healing and growth journey as a father? Using transformational coaching and breathwork, we will discover, heal, and integrate the things you need to work through in order to become the man, partner, and father you need to be.